October 18, 2017
We’re Looking for a Marketing Apprentice!
We’re looking for one ambitious student or recent graduate to work alongside and learn from our team supporting brand marketing and social media initiatives as Marketing Apprentice. This is a long-term paid apprenticeship of no less than 6 months, and ideally for a year—with the potential for a full-time job.
We’re looking for someone with a strong interest in marketing and a passion for affecting positive environmental, economic, and social change—in particular with a strong knack for community engagement. You’ll need previous experience working on projects that involve brand marketing and social media—either with a communications or design firm or in school.
If you’re eager to learn and confident in what you know; excel at knocking items off your to-do list, are organized and like to do research, are articulate with excellent writing skills; are extremely detail oriented, and know how to take ownership of your work, then we’d love to hear from you.
Here are the kinds of things you’d ultimately be working on after being mentored by our team:
Areas for Learning & Responsibilities
- Manage studio social media marketing initiatives (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Medium)
- Publish content to studio website
- Proofread & edit studio articles and proposals
- Research & build databases of marketing opportunities
- Conduct outreach to industry organizations & publications to secure writing, speaking, workshop engagements
- Support marketing events (assist, take video & photographs, etc)
- Assist brand strategy engagements
- Minimum of 20 hrs/week, opportunity for up to 40 hrs/week
- Senior in college or recent grad
- Conduct detailed research and prepare concise reports
- Minimum of 2 years of school/work experience in marketing/communications-related projects
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite—particularly Photoshop & InDesign
- Experience using Google Docs & Spreadsheets
- Experience working for cause-driven organizations
Please send resume, a cover letter explaining what excites you about this opportunity and why you feel you’d be a good fit with our team, plus anything else you feel is helpful to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Submissions without a cover letter will be discarded.**