February 24, 2016
We’re Looking for a Business Development & Brand Strategy Associate!
We are looking to hire one creative, strategic thinker for a unique, growth-oriented role helping position our firm’s and our clients’ brands for success.
If you’re both highly driven and collaborative, are interested in how branding & design help create meaningful social and environmental impact, can read situations, synthesize ideas, and communicate with clarity and passion, then we’d love to hear from you. And if you care about making a difference on environmental, economic, and social issues, then you’ll find working with us incredibly meaningful and rewarding.
This is a mid-level position for someone who is looking to work in a boutique firm, working closely with our firm’s founder on new business opportunities and in the development of brand and digital strategy for client projects.
We imagine this position is an ideal fit for someone with experience in either development or communications for a nonprofit or educational organization, or who has worked in a client-facing role for an established design firm.
Here are the kinds of things you’d ultimately be working on:
Development & Communications
- Follow up on new business inquiries, evaluate potential, and position firm for inside track with qualified prospects
- Write exceptional proposals, working from an existing, well-developed and designed framework
- Create Studio case studies, presentations, and other strategic marketing communications
- Manage & help steer Studio social media & content marketing efforts
- Help develop new business opportunities
Brand & Digital Strategy
- Conduct audience & market research to support strategy projects
- Participate in strategy workshops; conduct interviews
- Organize and distill research & discovery content
- Collaborate on brand strategy and brand messaging
- Collaborate on website research and content strategy
The ideal candidate is organized and self-motivated with excellent writing and speaking skills. While no requirement is set in stone, here’s a sense of the kinds of experience and abilities we’re looking for:
- Minimum B.A. or B.S. in Communications, Marketing, Business, Liberal Arts, or similar
- Minimum of 3 years experience of relevant experience in design field or with nonprofit/academic organization
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Experience conducting business and/or design research and developing focused reports
- Experience working in development or donor engagement; developing proposals or grants
- Experience using Adobe InDesign & Basecamp
- Likes to drink bourbon every Friday
This position will be freelance-to-full time position, and requires a minimum of 3-4 days on-site in our NoHo studio. For the right candidate who shows the ability to significantly impact multiple areas within the Studio, we’re happy to consider an immediate full time hire.
Please send resume, salary requirements, writing samples, and a cover letter explaining what excites you about this opportunity and why you feel you’d be a good fit with our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.