We’re looking to add an experienced Digital Project Management Lead to our team in NYC to play a vital, senior role managing our projects and people, improving our process, and helping shape our growth and success in the coming years. If you’re an experienced and energetic senior Digital Project Manager with significant technical knowledge who is passionate about producing exceptional work, thrives on managing large projects, and loves helping people work together more effectively, please read on. Because if you want to make meaningful contributions to issues like climate change, social justice, and inequality, then we think you’ll love working with Constructive and the amazing organizations we partner with.
Here’s more about what we’re looking for and what we have to offer.
Would the people you’ve worked with agree that you…
• Are a collaborative, cross-functional leader with solid technical knowledge who understands how digital stuff gets planned and built?
• Are a point-person and active listener who excels at facilitating discussion and problem solving?
• Are a strategic thinker who can see the big picture, the critical details, and the associated risks?
• Thrive at switching things up, managing multiple projects, and handling company resource planning?
• Earn the trust of clients and co-workers, build consensus, and make sure expectations are met?
• Are relentlessly focused on proactively managing and measuring project health and profitability?
• Know how to translate complexity into straightforward explanations and easily digestible reports?
• Understand how important it is to develop and nurture healthy relationships (without relying on email)?
• Make sure everyone understands what they need to be doing, how long they should work on it, and when they need have it done?
• Are a master at successfully navigating clients away from bad ideas, protecting your team from distractions, and handling client frustrations?
• Kick it into high-gear and take action when it’s crunch time?
• Are brimming with ideas about how to use new tools, techniques, and technologies to improve process?
• Get a weird sense of satisfaction by making sure everyone is consistently and accurately filling out their timesheets?
Here are some of things you can expect to be doing if you join our team:
• Partner with clients to help understand and define their project requirements and goals
• Contribute to project scoping and estimating
• Develop/oversee contracts, statements of work, project roadmaps, specifications, and testing plans
• Collaborate with strategists, designers, and developers to plan and create websites and other digital stuff
• Educate clients about our process and help us work together more effectively through it
• Successfully manage the schedule, scope, and budget of multiple simultaneous projects
• Manage less-senior PMs and actively cultivate their growth
• Own forecasting and studio resource management
• Help build and grow relationships with clients and identify new opportunities
• Manage external web development partner relationships/work
• Help us continuously improve, cultivate, and enforce agency process
• Select and facilitate adoption of preferred project management tools suite
• Develop/have others develop project status and project health reports
• Lead weekly production/staff meetings and regular dev team stand-ups
• Work with Operations Manager to ensure proper billing & support your reporting
Here are some specific things we’ll need you to bring to the table:
• 5+ years of project management experience (3+ if you’re really incredible)
• Thorough, detailed knowledge of the end-to-end digital process, from strategy to execution
• Demonstrated expertise and success managing multiple simultaneous projects
• Significant understanding of open-source technologies, APIs, and integrations
• Experience working across Agile and Waterfall methodologies
• Significant experience forecasting and managing resources
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional skill at tracking, measuring and reporting project health
• Fluency with Google Docs, Spreadsheets, Slack, and other office communication tools
• Fluency with a PM software suite (Harvest, Asana, Basecamp, Instagantt, DoneDone—or recommendations for better alternatives)
• A ton of ideas, enthusiasm, and a sense of humor!
Here are the benefits & perks we offer:
• Health insurance
• 401K plan with full brokerage capabilities
• Annual profit sharing program
• 2 weeks paid vacation (+1 additional day per year)
• 1 week paid personal/sick days
• Paid vacation between Christmas & New Years
• 1/2-day Summer Fridays
• TransitChek (pay for transit w/ pre-tax $)
• $1K Annual professional development stipend
• New client bonus (2.5% of largest contract in year 1 for non-inbound)
• Company lunch every Wednesday
• Bourbon Fridays (every non-summer Friday)
• Fun events (Annual Mets day game, bowling, holiday party, etc)
• Working with smart clients on projects that provide continuous learning about important issues
• The feeling of satisfaction knowing that your work is helping make the world a better place
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity and you can work on-site in New York City, then we’d love to hear from you. Here’s what we’d like you to send to email@example.com:
•A letter explaining why working with Constructive excites you, why you think you’d make a great fit, and the impact you hope to have here
•Your salary range
• A diverse sampling of your project documentation across different levels of the digital process
• A solid resume
NOTE: We don’t mean to sound rude, but if your reply doesn’t include (at a minimum) a cover letter that gives us a good idea of why you feel Constructive is a good fit for you, we will likely ignore it. Can’t stress this enough! Personal and professional fit matter a ton so we’d really like to hear from you—and we can’t imagine a DPM who would undertake a task as important as applying for a job they want without reading through the details and meeting all the requirements!