If you are a Senior Full-Stack WordPress developer who excels at translating sophisticated UX and design into exceptional interaction design, and are hungry to collaborate in close-knit teams of senior strategic and creative experts to push boundaries, then we’d love to hear from you.
And if you care deeply about the mark on the world you leave and share our deep commitment to using strategic, creative, and technical expertise to make a positive impact on issues like climate change, education, and social justice, then we think you’d love working with us and our clients.
Constructive is a boutique brand experience design firm that specializes in digital. For the last 17 years, we’ve partnered with leading organizations at the forefront of social change to develop brand strategy and designed experiences that help make progress towards overcoming the worlds most important challenges.
We’re looking for a creative, flexible thinker who has a proven track record of success leading web development on projects that demand a high degree of creative and technical complexity. Take a look at what will be expected from, and what you’ll get in return (other than a great working environment with interesting projects) should you join us. If it sounds like a fit, then we hope you’ll get in touch so we can meet in person.
Our Senior Full-Stack Developers Will:
- Work On-Site in our NYC Office (we do not sponsor visas at this time)
- Execute Full-Stack WordPress Web Development from Start to Finish
- Coordinate Development with Technical Strategy and Design Teams
- Mentor other Developers and Conduct Peer Code Review
- Maintain Project Technical Documentation
- Maintain Project Code Quality
- Care about Social, Environmental, Economic Issues
- 5+ years of PHP and Full-Stack WordPress development
- Excellent understanding and development with Front-End JS and CSS frameworks
- Excellent understanding and development of adaptive and responsive web development
- Excellent grasp of development workflows, git, deployment
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Process-Minded & Detail-Oriented
- Excel at Executing Multiple Simultaneous Projects
- Familiarity with Data Visualization, D3, HighCharts
- Familiarity with Drupal
- Familiarity with Pantheon, WP Engine, AWS
- Familiarity with Infrastructure, System Administration, DevOps
- Familiarity with integrating CMS’s with CRM and external systems
- Familiarity with Solr / Elasticsearch / AWS Cloud Search
- Interest or a background in UX / design
- Enjoy Bourbon (or willing to try)!
- A Sense of Humor
Salary & Perks
- $85k-$110k/year, depending on ability
- 15 Paid Days Off (10 Personal, 5 Sick) + 1 Additional Personal Day Accrued per Year
- Half-Day Summer Fridays (Memorial Day to Labor Day)
- Paid Time Off Between Christmas & New Year’s
- Company Profit-Sharing Plan / Bonus
- $1,000 Annual Professional Development Stipend
- 401(k) (currently with 4% Match)
- Option to Join Company Healthcare Plan
- Drink Delicious Bourbon Every Non-Summer Friday
Please send a resume and cover letter/email letting us know what you find compelling about our firm and why you’d be a great fit for our team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More About Constructive
Founded in 2000, Constructive (www.constructive.co) is a leading brand experience design firm that helps visionary social change organizations achieve greater impact in the world. We help clients advance their missions by providing expertise in brand strategy, design, content, and technology. Combining the rigor and strategic insights of a brand consultancy with the creativity and technical acumen of a web design firm, we create mission-driven brand experiences that help our clients stand up, stand out, and stand for something.