November 18, 2020
We’re Hiring! Interactive Designer for Social Impact Design Agency
Constructive, a leading social impact design firm based primarily in New York and operating with a fully remote workforce, is searching for an Interactive Designer to join our diverse team of strategic and creative thinkers. We need your help as we design dynamic digital experiences that help make the world a better place!
While we are looking for a more mid-level designer, we welcome hearing from designers of all levels. What’s most important is that you have a passion for interactive design, are a strategic and creative thinker, and care deeply about your work contributing to making a meaningful difference on issues like climate change, education, and social justice.
Interactive Designers at Constructive work both independently and in close collaboration with experts across our teams on brand strategy, UX, information architecture, and visual design. Some days you’ll be helping to complete designs, and on others you’ll be brainstorming, exploring concepts, and following your own independent path.
If this sounds like you, read on!
Who we’re looking for
- Minimum 3 years experience working as an interactive designer, either at an agency, a nonprofit, or independently.
- Has a working knowledge of design fundamentals (user experience, interaction, typography, color, grid systems, usability testing, visual design, etc).
- A portfolio of polished work for social impact projects that showcases your knowledge of those design fundamentals, typography expertise, creativity, and ability to communicate.
- Versatile, organized, and detail-oriented designer who is always learning, acquiring new skills, and pushing their own thinking.
- Knows how to think about designing across a range of screen sizes and device types.
- Has experience using tools like Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), Invision, Figma, among others.
- Experience working with user experience designers, researchers, front-end and back-end web developers, WordPress, and spreadsheets will be very helpful.
- Can juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- A positive, team-first mindset and ideally a sense of humor.
Here are a few of the things you’ll do with Constructive
- Create and/or contribute to a wide range of design projects that include identity and logo development, branding, wireframing, information architecture, website design, graphic design, marketing and communication design, brand strategy, etc.
- Participate in design and strategy workshops.
- Bring energy, ideas, and enthusiasm to your work and our team!
Benefits & Perks
Constructive prizes work-life balance, and our compensation is a combination of competitive salary and a robust list of benefits and perks. Along with a bunch of culture benefits, here are the additional primary benefits that come along with base salary:
- Health Insurance, Dental, and Vision
- 401K plan with company match
- Company Profit Sharing Plan
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Week off between Christmas Eve & New Year’s
- Half-day Summer Fridays (Approx 16)
- Flexible work schedules and a fully-remote team
- Stipend for home snacks and supplies
- Access to professional development
- Being part of a team that helps make the world a better place
Then please send an email titled “Interactive Designer” to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Your résumé or CV
- A cover letter telling us a bit about yourself and why you’re interested in working with Constructive (applications without proper cover letters will not be considered)
- Answers to the following questions:
- Are you interested in full-time employment or freelance?
- Constructive is a fully remote team: what do you think the biggest challenges of working remotely are? And how would you address them?
- What values drive you and your work?
- Tell us about your service experience and a time when it had an impact on you.
- What do you like to do when you are not working?
- A link to your online portfolio (applications without portfolios will not be considered)
- Desired salary range (if full time) or hourly rate (if freelance)