May 25, 2022
Join Constructive! Senior UX Designer for Social Impact Design Agency (F/T, Remote – USA Only)
and arConstructive is a leading social impact strategy and design firm that helps advance social, environmental, and economic justice. We’re a close-knit, committed, and values-driven team of experts and advocates who partner with ambitious organizations to make the world a more fair, equitable, and sustainable place.
We are looking to add a Senior UX Designer to our team who will lead clients through a process of discovery and be able to create high quality UX designs, too. The role is a great fit for a UX designer who wants to sharpen their strategy skills, move toward a director role over time, and work with organizations actively working to make positive impacts for people and the planet.
About the Role
The Senior UX Designer at Constructive will drive audience and brand engagement for social impact. They are great at listening deeply to client and audience needs, understanding the impact they’re trying to create, and developing strategic UX designs to make those impacts possible. They are collaborative partners who work with brand and content strategy, visual design, and engineering. They are experts at assessing the quality and structure of existing websites in relation to an organization’s goals. They are experts at crafting actionable insights from their research and discovery work. They can produce high-polish UX designs, sitemaps, audience journeys, information architecture, wireframes, and prototypes. And they’re able to lead usability studies and validate their thinking through data.
Your Core Responsibilities
As a Senior UX Designer at Constructive, we’ll count on you to:
- Guide clients through the process of discovery, research, information architecture, sitemap creation, and UX design, helping them make their own vital contributions to the project and creating an enjoyable experience for everyone involved.
- Lead the research and discovery process for our clients engaged in website, application, and interactive design projects—including conducting surveys, interviews, heuristic analysis, content audits, peer analysis, desk research, behavioral analysis, analytics review, asset review, group discussions, card sorting, tree testing, and other methods.
- Work with the director of Strategy & UX to analyze and identify key themes and develop actionable insights from learnings in the research and discovery phases to build alignment and set the strategic direction for the project.
- Remotely facilitate collaborative digital strategy and UX workshops for clients focused around a range of engagement strategies that help teams uncover, understand, and execute effective digital strategies to achieve their goals.
- Create UX design deliverables that will engage, educate, and inspire audiences to act on important social impact issues.
- Mentor, support, and work closely with other UX designers at all levels to create compelling UX design deliverables, annotated wireframes, and documentation.
Skills & Experience You’ll Need
- A collaborative mindset
- A deep desire to work in the social impact space while contributing to solving complex societal issues
- Minimum 5 years experience as a UX designer with deep focus on developing information architecture, sitemaps, and wireframes for large-scale, content-rich websites
- Extensive experience performing a range of discovery and research activities
- Extensive experience leading and facilitating UX-focused workshops
- Experience working with design systems
- Experience with usability testing, card sorting, and tree testing
- Experience developing engagement strategies for large websites
- Experience developing audience journeys, aligning audiences needs and goals with measurable outcomes, and optimizing websites and digital experiences to meet defined goals
- Experience working Google Analytics and/or other digital analytics platforms
- Proficiency with Sketch, Figma, Invision, Miro, and Zeplin
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of how WordPress and web development works
Nice-to-Haves That We Really Value (and will make you stand out)
- Knowledge of InDesign
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience with UX analytics from programs like CrazyEgg or Hotjar
What We Offer:
We do our best to make sure everyone at Constructive is taken care of with a great mix of salary, benefits and perks, opportunities for professional growth, and a healthy dose of time off. We expect this position to have a base salary between $82,000-$94,000 based on experience and value-added skills. In addition, we offer the following robust benefits and perks.
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision
- Defined Annual Profit Sharing Plan
- 401K With Up to 4% Company Match
- Discretionary Performance-based Bonuses
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation (+1 day per year up to 5 additional maximum)
- Paid Vacation From Christmas Eve through New Year’s
- Paid 1/2-day Summer Fridays (Approx 16/year)
- 1 Week Paid Personal/Sick Days
- Flexible Work Schedules
- $2K Annual Professional Development Stipend
- New Client Bonuses (3% of First 12 Months of New Work You Proactively Bring In)
- Monthly Virtual Happy Hours & Games
- A Super-Aligned Team That Loves Showing Up for Each Other
- Feeling Great About Your Work Making the World a Better Place
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We believe strongly that diversity is one of our greatest strengths—that the more perspectives we bring to the mix, the better we are as people and the better partner we are for our clients. So, in considering if Constructive is a good fit for you, know that all we care about is that you’re qualified to do the job, share most or all of our values, and want to be here. These are the things we’ll be evaluating for every applicant—and if you meet those and add to our diversity, all the better.
Then please send an email titled “Senior UX Designer” to [email protected] with the following:
- Your resume
- Cover letter
- Link to your portfolio
- Desired salary
What happens next?
If we feel like there’s a good fit, we’ll reach out to you to start the interview process. Here’s what it will look like:
- Phone screen (15 minutes)
- Initial interview and case study review (1 hour)
- Paid evaluation project (no more than 4 hours total)
- Second interview (1 hour)
- Final conversation and questions (1 hour)