January 4, 2023
Lead Content Marketer for Social Impact Design Firm (F/T, Remote – USA)
Constructive is looking to add an experienced and extroverted Content Marketer to our team who excels at crafting branded content and knows how to help others translate their ideas into compelling thought leadership that attracts the ideal audience. In insight articles, case studies, newsletters, social media, and more, we’e looking for a person who craves turning a wellspring of ideas into engaging content that ideally positions and projects brand value—and who will bring ideas, energy, and measurable results to our marketing work, both for our firm and for our clients.
We’re a close-knit, values-driven team with a culture built on a deep, shared commitment to our craft and to creating value for the visionary organizations that partner with us. If you’re a marketer with a passion for driving brand engagement that creates meaningful social impact, then please read on to learn more about the role and what working with Constructive will be like.
About the Role
Our Content Marketer will be the point person of digital marketing efforts, primarily for us and also for our clients. The role requires a deep understanding of the nonprofit sector, the motivations of those who work in it, and how strategic, creative consultancies create value for them.
We’re looking for a person with great marketing instincts and a competitive spirit—someone who’s driven to drive engagement, who combines a strategic mindset, creative thinking, great editorial skills to effectively project a brand personality that meets the needs of different moments and venues.
There are the two primary areas in which our Senior Digital Marketer will work:
Constructive Marketing: The primary focus (~75%) is to ensure that marketing for our firm is consistently executed at a high level. You’ll be responsible for turning our brand positioning and brand value into articles, case studies, webinars, and social media content that increases visibility and engages our ideal audiences. You’ll work closely with our Founder and with people across our firm to remain deeply connected to who we are, what we do, and why it matters. You’ll manage the process and ensure that our busy team consistently produces the written and designed content needed for our marketing.
Client Marketing: The secondary focus of the role is to help create marketing strategies and campaigns for our clients that build on the core work we do with them—developing their brand and designing the digital experiences that connect people to them. This is a growth area for Constructive’s services and you’ll work closely with our Director of Strategy and others to conceive of, recommend, and help execute marketing campaigns that increase the reach and impact of their brands.
Your Core Responsibilities
- Marketing Strategy, Planning & Measurement
Be fluent in speaking to Constructive’s “who we are, what we do, and why it matters” and shape all marketing efforts around these ideas.
- Co-create content/social marketing goals, themes, and strategies for Constructive that keep us focused and that drive audience engagement and growth.
- Create and own marketing plans and publishing calendar for Constructive’s newsletters, articles, social media posts, webinars, and more.
- Work with members of the strategy team to continuously track, measure, evaluate, and improve performance of all marketing efforts towards our stated goals.
- Track and evaluate the marketing work of our competitors and of relevant brands in the nonprofit space to sharpen our strategic positioning and marketing tactics.
- Contribute similar efforts for targeted client opportunities.
- Content Creation
- Proactively help staff develop themes and thought leadership (articles, webinars, audiocasts, etc) that ideally position our firm and elevate their voice.
- Ensure all written and designed content is on-brand and appropriate for the target audiences, and the channels in which we communicate.
- Own our social media channels (LinkedIn and Instagram), from writing our posts to engaging externally with high-value accounts.
- Own all aspects of producing and publishing our newsletter, and posting articles, news items, and case studies on Constructive’s website.
- Work with our team to write project case studies that effectively position our firm by emphasizing value created for clients and ideally position our firm.
- Work with the Strategy Team to implement SEO best practices within content and meta content.
- Be an active presence and advocate for Constructive in online communities who engages members and delivers value to raise our profile.
- Work with the design team to produce all visual design assets needed across marketing efforts.
- Manage and maintain company profile on Clutch.co.
Skills & Experience You’ll Need
- 5+ years of relevant digital/content marketing experience, ideally with a communications/design firm
- A strong understanding of the nonprofit sector and those who work in it
- A strategic and creative mind for marketing combined with a deep understanding of digital marketing trends and techniques
- Exceptional writing skills (articles, case studies, newsletters, and social media)
- Demonstrated experience in creating marketing plans and editorial calendars
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills combined with the ability to think fast and pivot when things don’t go as planned
- Strong experience using Google Drive, Google Docs, & Google Sheets.
- Strong understanding of email marketing, with MailChimp a plus
- The ability to hold others accountable to delivering on our marketing needs—and a strong willingness to step in and help them when needed
- A passion for greatness in your work and pride in the work we collectively create.
- A serious attention to detail and an allergic reaction to typos
- You gotta be a solid human being that adds to our culture, who people really enjoy spending time with, and who ideally likes to have fun while doing very serious work
Nice-to-Haves That Will Make a Big Difference
- An understanding of foundations and nonprofits that focus on capacity–building and knowledge-mobilization in their sector.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization
- Experience working with Google Analytics and/or other digital analytics platforms
- Experience with digital marketing/martech platforms (Hootsuite, Hubspot, MailChimp, etc)
- Basic knowledge of WordPress publishing
What We Offer
We do our best to make sure everyone at Constructive is taken care of with a great mix of salary, benefits and perks, opportunities for professional growth, and a healthy amount of time off. We expect this position to have a base salary between $75,000-$85,000 based on experience and value-added skills. In addition, we offer profit sharing, bonuses, robust PTO, and great company benefits.
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision
- Defined Annual Profit Sharing Plan
- 401K With Up to 4% Company Match
- Discretionary Performance-based Bonuses
- 3 Weeks Paid Vacation
- Paid Vacation From Christmas Eve through New Year’s
- Paid 1/2-day Summer Fridays (Approx 16/year)
- Paid Unlimited Wellness Days
- Flexible Work Schedules
- $2K Annual Professional Development Stipend
- New Client Bonuses (3% of First 12 Months of New Work You Proactively Bring In)
- Monthly Virtual Happy Hours & Games
- A Super-Aligned Team That Loves Showing Up for Each Other
- Feeling Great About Your Work Making the World a Better Place
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We believe strongly that diversity is one of our greatest strengths. The more perspectives we bring to the mix, the better we are as people and the better partner we are for our clients. So, in considering if Constructive is a good fit for you, know that all we care about is that you’re qualified to do the job, share most or all of our values, and that you’ll create meaningful value for our clients. These are the things we’ll be evaluating for every applicant—and if you meet those and add to our diversity, all the better.
Submit your application HERE! When you do, please send any strategic marketing assets you’ve created and links to social media accounts, blogs, etc that you’ve managed along with your resume and cover letter. We really want to hear your voice in your cover letter, so please do include. Submissions without a cover letter will be significantly discounted.
What happens next?
If we feel like there’s a good fit, we’ll reach out to start the interview process, which will look like this:
- Initial interview (30-45 minutes)
- Second interview and case study review (60-90 mins)
- Final conversation and questions (30-45 minutes)